Saturday, May 03, 2008

OK - I'm way, way behind.... :)

Sharon and Daniel's trip and things really sent me off in different directions. I found myself doing things I hadn't done in some time (including taking time off work). I think I've become a bit of a workaholic. If a person enjoys what they are doing is it really so bad a thing though? That's probably more a question of balance than anything else though.......

Sharon and Daniel left this past Thursday morning and I was very happy that Matt and Christi could be there too to send her off. Dad got called last night to let him know that they’d arrived safely. I really enjoyed their visit. Sharon and George will be celebrating their 25th wedding anniversary this December. I’ve been trying to talk them into coming back here for that. We’ll have to wait and see…

Dad was quite upset after Sharon and Daniel left. It was inevitable I'm afraid.

Matt has been very busy at work. The company he has been working for has divisions in California and Wisconsin. The partners who run the company decided just recently to divide up the business so Matt will be working at the Wisconsin one in Madison and his job duties have expanded a great deal now. It will get even more hectic for him it seems as they continue to divide and dissolve the larger business. Its sounds like he’s enjoying the work a great deal which is really good.

Christi made it safely back from her meeting in Steven's Point. She had left on Thursday morning (after Sharon and Daniel’s leaving) for a meeting of Ameri-Corp (the organization she works for) volunteers. She called last night to let me know that the meeting had gone well and that she was glad to be back home. This morning she went with a group of volunteers to help a farmer in Dane County who has been having serious health problems and is in danger of losing his farm. He wants help with fencing and other things. That could be very difficult in view of the fact that it's been storming (winds, rain, thunder, lightening, etc.). I wish her/them well.

Other than that – well I’ve been very busy at work. Lots of farmers who need loans because of high expenses and tight profit margins. I enjoy my work but the recent and sudden retirement of a loan officer in our department has really overloaded things. We’ve got a part-time, temporary person in the office now to try and help us out. It’s always interesting and challenging and I guess I really like that. Never a dull moment!

Well, I’d better get going - the weekends always go by too quickly.

Hope you have a great day,
Take care!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home