Seasons Greetings!
I hope that everyone has had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend. I was blessed to have Matt and Christi travel home for Thanksgiving Wednesday night (in the falling snow) and stay until Saturday. We had a great time!
Thursday we celebrated by cooking a 22 pound turkey (lots of leftovers) and making all the extras. We had potatoes and gravy, dressing, corn, mixed vegetables, pink salad, dinner rolls, a sweet potato/sausage/apple casserole, apple pie, pumpkin pie, and more. It was quite a feast. After that it was time to watch the Packer game (we ate early for the 11:30 kick-off). The Packers won which was great! Actually I fell asleep (as did Christi) so Matt was left to watch it. :)
Friday morning, we headed off to the "black Friday" sales. There really wasn't much out there that interested us so we basically just went to the Dodgeville Wal-Mart to get Matt and Christi's car checked out and watch people go crazy (people watching can be fun!). That was nice. A big bonus for the day happened when we met Gary, Sue, and Lexis at the Dodgeville Pizza Hut for lunch. We had lots of good food and a big variety with their noon buffet.
On Saturday, Matt, Christi, and I had lunch (still Thursday leftovers) and then they left for Madison. Christi had to work that afternoon at either a hockey or basketball game (she's security - she doesn't like it when I call her a bouncer!). Anyway, they arrived safely back to their homes and Christi made it to work on time.
I worked on the family calendar (which Christi kindly and patiently showed me how to do on the computer) on Saturday and also worked on Christmas cards. There's so much to do yet!
This morning (Sunday) I spent about 6 hours at work (2 of which were spent decorating). The office looks more festive now. It has a Santa that wiggles to "Are you ready for this?" and a moose on a rocking horse that rocks back and forth and sings "Grandma got run over by a reindeer". Then it was working on a few application and servicing things there. I got home and have been doing cards and calendar work since then. There's still a lot to do and take care of. Never a dull moment I guess. I just realized it's the 25th today - we're about a month from Christmas - Oh My!!!
Well, I'd better get back to work here - there'll be lots for me to do tomorrow at the office!
Best wishes and Take care!

3 Comments:
Did you really eat all of that food ?
Actually we've got some in the freezer waiting for a need...Some went with Matt and Christi so they each have extra in storage. It was quite an event! Wish you could've been here...
Now where was all this snow last year ?
Post a Comment
<< Home