Tuesday, December 11, 2007

More snow and ice...

Well, it happened again. Today started with rain, freezing rain, sleet, and snow. By 5AM about 70 schools in the area had already closed. By about 4 this afternoon the snow had stopped and we have about 4" of the stuff out there and ice underneath it. I went out and shoveled and cleaned up so I can at least get the car out tomorrow.

I'm getting tired of winter...

This morning when I was walking Daisy, a cat came out from behind a parked vehicle. It was slippery at 4:30 AM so she went after the cat and my feet went out from under me. The cat quickly disappeared so that left me lying on the ground with Daisy trying to figure out what was wrong with me. It was actually tough getting up again because of the ice. We finished the walk quickly after that.

I called in and used a vacation day at work today. It was just too miserable outside. I also was a bit stiff and sore and had a headache so it wasn't the most productive day but at least I wasn't out fighting the weather.

Yesterday was quite nice - I had a good turkey/mashed potato/gravy/bun and butter/corn/milk (in school cartons - never thought I'd go nostalgic for them!) with Christi at Lapham School. It was the holiday dinner there and there were many families, some police officers, the mayor (though I didn't see him), and other local and community people. It's a social event and it was quite well attended. The second serving, well I got to help and work it with Christi. That was nice. Then while Christi had work to do I had the chance to learn about something called finger knitting from a first grader in an after school program. There are some very creative young people in that group.

After that, we went to do some shopping and other things. I finally got some dry cleaning dropped off. It had been in the car for a couple of weeks and with the weather being bad I hadn't gotten it delivered.

Anyway, it was a good day overall.

You know - I do like the idea of a white Christmas but this is getting ridiculous!
I wish we'd have had some of the snow last year when our New Zealand visitors were here!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home