It's been an interesting weekend. I spent yesterday washing and hanging out laundry, putting an old futon out for our semi-annual large garbage days, planting some vegetables, cooking a turkey, and some other things.
The laundry - well I finally got to hang out the bedding. It turned into 5 loads (including some large comforters). The weather started out great and I had all the loads out to dry by about 7AM. Then it was about noon and they were done. The storms and things held off here until about 7 that night. Fortunately then it was a matter of just rain and wind rather than thunder and lightening (which tends to really upset my dog).
Semi-annual garbage days here is quite an event. I've never really looked around or anything before. This year with the higher gas and food prices, I decided that I should do a bit of container gardening to save some money and have fresh food on hand. Anyway, by the time I bought the plants (3 tomato, 1 sweet pepper, strawberry, basil, parsley, and catnip- for the cat here) and bought the potting soil, it was getting to be a rather pricey venture. The pots to hold it cost about $40 and they were pretty much the cheap plastic ones that weren't very sturdy. With a bit of creative garbage picking (it's legal here this weekend) I managed to find some things that can work as plant holders and I'll be returning the more flimsy and pricey pots this week. The vegetables and plants are in the dirt and with the rain last night are still surviving. We'll see how that works - it's been a long time since I've tried my luck with any plants. It's probably a bit silly but oh well. :)
I've started work on the turkey dressing for Ashley's graduation party. As of about 6 last night, I had one 10-lb. turkey cooked, de-boned, and cut into small pieces for it. I still have to get another one ready. Then there's the other prep work. I've been on the phone to Dad and Gloria a lot trying to figure this one out. :)
Well, I'd better get going - Daisy needs a trip outside apparently. :)
Take care!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home