Veggies and Work - oh my!
My garden continues to give me a few tomatoes (some of them the cherry type) a day. The 3 tomato plants are more than enough to take care of my needs. The peppers are still ripening. After my attempts to air dry the parsley, basil, and catnip (I gave them quite a “haircut”, they are recovering nicely. The squash is still an unknown – blossoms but no apparent fruits are setting. The strawberries are done for the year but the leaves and plant appear quite healthy and I haven’t the heart to just ditch it. It’s so nice to have my own fresh produce.
I picked up my CSA share on the farm this past Wednesday night. The box had cabbage, a small watermelon, tomatoes (including 5 heirloom varieties), squash, zucchini, cucumbers, lettuce, leeks, onions, and several other items. There isn’t a lot of any of them but it’s nice.
Work was challenging. My boss was in on Tuesday so that was a long day. She never seems satisfied and always wants more. Even if we are at 100%, she’s pushing for more. It’s frustrating and sometimes I think that if she complimented us, I’d have a heart attack! Of course I’m being silly but you probably know the feeling – never being able to satisfy anyone. The majority of the week was spent taking care of customers.
This week at work will be stressful as the trainee is back in the office (he was in Sarasota, Florida last week for training – I expect he’ll have some stories about the hurricane). I did some work this weekend to prepare a training plan so hopefully I’m ready. On Tuesday, I have a manager’s meeting. We have to travel about 2 hours away so that’s a pain. The rest of that week will be customer work, loan work, and well just lots of other things.
It’s been a weekend of Harry Potter movies on the one TV channel. Since the TV versions put some of the deleted scenes back in, they are kind of interesting to watch. Unfortunately, I don’t have time to just sit and watch them – they’ve been on in the background and I try and catch bits and pieces as I do my work.
Well, that's not much but it's about all from here. :)
Best wishes and take care!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home