Sunday, December 07, 2008

Hi,

I hope all is well there.

We’re currently at about 1 degree here with wind chills pushing it into the negative single digits. I’m so thankful that my furnace is working. It would be pretty lousy to have problems with it now. We’ve got about 5” of white stuff out there now and another 1-3 is expected to come down between today and Monday. I guess a White Christmas is inevitable.

Gas price is at $1.77 downtown. Unfortunately, the lower gas pries haven’t resulted in lower grocery store prices. I picked up a few things last week and I noticed that the costs on the basics – milk, bread, and eggs – still seem to be quite a bit higher than they were when the gas price was double what it is now. At least I can fill up my car gas tank for half of what it used to cost.

Unemployment rates seem to be a big worry. I don’t think this area has been hit as hard as some. I still would like to see all CEO’s salaries, perks, golden parachutes, and benefits limited to $1 million a year before they come asking the government for money (just my 2 cents worth I guess).

Only 18 days until Christmas – oh my! I still have lots to do. The family calendar is a work in progress and I need to get that done and to the printers sometime this week. There’s still plenty of other things that need attention too so it's getting interesting.

Work has gotten really crazy. so much to do and so little time!

Dad seems to have good and bad days. Gloria is doing her best (bless her) to make him comfortable.

Other than that – not much from here – tired of snow, not ready for Christmas – yeah that about sums it up.

Best wishes and take care!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home