Sunday, October 05, 2008

Things and stuff.......

I hope everything is going well there.

The weather is decidedly more like fall. We had our first frost on Friday night. Today is really quite cool – highs are expected to hit the mid-fifties. I know – we need to get used to it. I have heard that after today’s rain, it should warm back up to the 60’a (still cool at night).

I’m planning on taking care of my window plastic (I have to put it on the outside since the windows won’t allow it to be put on the inside) this week. I’m hoping that it’s warm enough after I get off work (though I may have to leave work early to get much daylight – it’s dark by about 7 now). I also have a picnic table that could use some sanding and staining before winter – I’ll see what I can do about that!

Right now, the house is at about 60 degrees and I’m considering breaking down and at least getting the damp feel out of the air. It’s a bit drafty here too with the wind outside and the lack of window plastic.

My container garden is about done for the year. I did cover quite a few of the plants that were still producing (cherry tomatoes, peppers, tomatoes, basil, parsley, catnip, etc.) so it may be some time until I’m totally out of business (well I can hope!). We’ll see – I do have some containers that need to be cleaned out and readied for winter storage. Too bad the weather isn’t cooperating outside today.

Work - The 4th quarter reports for workload were out on Friday. Our office has been extremely efficient in comparison to other offices in the area. I think that’s a good thing and I’m hoping that it will show our need for more employees. Maybe that’s just being naïve – we’re getting the work done so it may mean that they just expect more and more…

I went to the World Dairy Expo this past week. I got to walk around and look at the cattle and exhibits for only a couple of hours (hardly time to do much more than a cursory view). Then I worked at the booth for work for about 4 hours. It was actually a lot of fun because we had some neat give away items (jar loosener, wooden rulers (no metric), magnetic clips, temporary tattoos and coloring books for the children, and a few other items). A good day – lots of interest in our programs and a good day to learn what new was happening.

Today, I’m heading to work to get some things done. It’s going to a busy week – I have 5 appointments on Monday and the rest of the week seems to be equally packed so there’s little time for computer work. I also need to find the Halloween and fall decorations for the office (I have them stored in boxes in my office). We could really use some more color (especially with the days getting shorter and shorter).

Well, I should get going – so much to do and so little time.

Best wishes and take care!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home