I hope all is well there.
I’m tired of winter! Just thought I’d go ahead and say it. Although I know we’re in for another 2-3 months of potentially ugly weather, I’m tired of it. Last night and into this morning, we’ve had freezing rain. There’s about ½” of frozen ice on the roads, vehicles, sidewalks – well everywhere outside. After the freezing rain was done, the sun came out (though not strong enough it seems to melt the ice) and the winds increased so that our wind chills send us into negative numbers. It’s just not a nice day.
I about fell several times trying to walk my dog this morning. I was quite thrilled to have made it back inside without major injuries – all right a bit of a bruised ego that although I did manage to remain upright, I was “dancing” better than the stars after the several mis-steps. I hope no one saw me or they’d have gotten some great laughs – maybe that isn’t so bad after all. :)
I was supposed to go visit family near Hazel Green today but after the weather issues, I decided to cancel. I’ll have to try to find time again. It’s my Uncle and Aunt and we’d worked hard to find a day/time that would work for all of us when the ice storm hit. We talked for about an hour on the phone this morning. I still hope to get over to visit them – it’s a matter of timing. I get to see them only about this once a year so I was looking forward to it. I was supposed to go visit them the week between Christmas and New year’s (usually my time off work). I have a lot of vacation time that I typically use before the end of the year – it’s usually “use or lose”. This year, I had planned to have the week off but things at work never seemed to get put together or done so I ended up pretty much working the week.
The day off work exception was Friday. Son and daughter arrived home on New Year’s Day (they had to leave after Christmas for work and things). That day we watched movies and talked and things. On Friday, we went to visit Dad and my stepmother for the day. We picked up lunch at local restaurant (fish – mostly cod dinners but I picked salmon – all were quite good). It was a nice visit and we got the medicine that we’d picked up to them.
The family calendars are now done – a bit late for Christmas and even the new year. We figured out what would fix it and then got them printed and ready. They’re on their way to brothers and sisters now.
We’ll see what this week brings – it should be interesting.
Best wishes and take care!

1 Comments:
Love you - check out my update!
Post a Comment
<< Home