Monday, January 19, 2009

I hope everything is going well there!

Finally we’ve gotten a break on the weather – it’s hard to believe that I think that 20 degrees is warm! It does feel that way though after so many days in the negative temperatures. We seem to be getting about an inch of snow each day for the last 3 days. Today we’re expecting another 2-4” of the white stuff. It’s adding up but it’s slow and at least it’s not too much of a problem. It seems strange to wish away time but I keep thinking about spring.

I had a really interesting day Saturday. I went to Milwaukee and had a nice breakfast with my son and daughter. Then we went down to Schwamberg (a suburb of Chicago I’m told) and stopped at IKEA. I’d never been there before but it turned out to be a really interesting place. It was my son's and he wanted to get a TV stand. I had thought that IKEA was pretty much furniture but I was really surprised to find out how much stuff they handled. The blue store is huge – 3 stories and has about everything for a home that anyone would need. It would be easy to spend a day looking at things (they even have a restaurant in there). It was a bit overwhelming and since I didn’t really need much, I easily left without spending over $30. So much to do and so little time.

We ended up eating dinner at the Cheesecake Factory. I got a great Asian salad and they both had something called a “Kobe American Burger”. All the food was very good. A bit pricey but good.

Dad has been feeling better the last few days. He seems more interested in things going on and actually has talked on the phone for quite a while lately. I missed talking to them on Saturday after the long day but I did talk to them for a while today.

Work is still unrelenting. I could spend 100 hours a week in the office and still not get all the things done that need attention. Priorities are hard to set when everyone thinks that what they need is the only thing I’m working on. It’s just frustrating.

Well, my dog needs a walk so I’d better get going.

Best wishes and take care!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home