Sunday, December 23, 2007

TGIF, Shortest day of the year, and a winter storm...

Let's see - I'm a bit behind the times on posting.

Friday - I spent the day at work. I had lots of end of the year things that needed attention. There's never a dull moment. We just had lots to do and take care of. I had a lender review in Mt. Horeb. Roads were very slick and the fog didn't help. We were short staffed at the office due to the holidays but we managed. Dad had a physical therapist and an occupational therapist visit them at the house. Hopefully that will help. That is if he does the exercises and things he's been given to do.

Saturday - the shortest day of the year - well between really bad fog (about a block to a block and a half visibility in town) and the storm coming in I was pretty much home-bound. Since I had lots to do yet for Christmas (wrapping and things) and was quite tired, this was probably all right. I think Dad and Gloria wanted me down there again but after so many nights of driving in the fog, dark, and cold I really needed some time to get a few things done. Although I still didn't get everything sorted and ready - well I'm closer.

The winter storms moved in Saturday and into Sunday. It started as rain (which on snow/packed snow = slippery). The rains here started later than I thought that they would (late afternoon Saturday). We only had mist/drizzle until then. I'm not sure when we really started getting the snow. Right now I'd guess that there's about 6" out there - but it's hard to tell with the winds blowing so hard (25-35 mph according to the weather channel). Daisy didn't want to go out at all this morning. As I'm hoping that I get my Sunday state journal paper I did shovel to the street and to the car (for later getting some things out if needed). Right now the car trunk is froze shut though so it's a later issue.

Christmas - well still some to work on. The gifts for 12/24 are already loaded into the car. As there's nothing to worry about freezing it seemed like a good idea to organize and put out.

Weather channel just stated that it's 12 degrees F with wind chills bringing it down to -7 degrees F. That's a lot of wind. They're predicting high wind, and the chance for more rain/snow today.

I'm a bit concerned for all the travelers out there. Matt and Christi had planned on coming home this morning. I'm not sure that's wise and I think we'll talk about it.

Well, I'd better get going.

Hope everyone stays warm, dry, and safe (wherever you are!).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home