Saturday, December 15, 2007

A visit from Matt and more snow!

Matt came home last night then left this afternoon. It was a short but nice visit. He had some errands to take care of here in Dodgeville (sometimes I've found it's better not to ask). :) He spent a lot of time on his laptop though I'm not sure what he was doing but I think it involves a lot of conversations with someone... Daisy and Buddy seemed to really enjoy his visit too.

Matt stopped to pick up the calendars yesterday before he came here. Unfortunately there were some serious issues. They had printed 2 December sheets and there was no cover or back sheet. I'm a bit upset myself as they had promised it would be done in the morning and it wasn't ready until late in the day and then they had it messed up. Matt is going to review it again and pick them up if the changes have been made. Hopefully it's done and it's right this time...

I finally had time to watch the Harry Potter 5 movie (Order of the Phoenix). It's quite good. Since we saw it in 3-D, it's the first time I've seen it in it's normal format. The 3-D did add something to it - it seemed scarier or maybe it's just that's the way I first saw it. :)

Christmas- Only 10 more days...

Well hopefully the calendars will be correct and ready. That's a big worry in itself. Matt said he'd take care of posting off the New Zealand calendar soon for me since he'll have picked them up.

Cards - I'm still getting a few that I hadn't already sent out to so I'm trying for a fast turn around. I've got the cards I've received hanging from garland that I have hang along the one wall. It looks pretty festive if I do say so myself.

Shopping - I'm feeling a bit scrooge like. I have the money saved but I'm reluctant to part with it. Sad but true. I do have the lists ready and some things done (Matt and Christi's are the final items to pick up). Besides - I still have a few days left!

Wrapping - well I'm caught up with that job. At least as far as I can go until my shoppings done. Matt found more colored comics from the Sunday paper while he was upstairs so I'm using that up now. That goes on the gifts from me to Matt and Christi so it's eco-friendly and very green recycling...

Snow - well it's finally letting up out there. It started at at about a quarter to five this morning (Daisy and I were out walking when we saw the first flakes) and it's really just flurry-ing now. I think we probably got about 1 1/2-2" more now. It's kind of hard to tell since it's quite light and fluffy stuff and the wind has been moving it around. If snow were money right now - everyone in Wisconsin would be rich!

Best wishes and Take care!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home