Monday, December 24, 2007

Twas the day before Christmas...

Matt and Christi made it safely home last night. It was a very slow drive with the weather the way it was. I'm so glad they made it all right though.

A busy day ahead. lots to do and take care of yet - way too little time and energy right now.

The storm is done but the aftermath is dangerous and annoying. The snow that is out there covers ice in a lot of spots. That makes for some hazardous walking and driving. I've now shoveled the car out at least 3X and never actually moved it from the driveway. I know - that's really sad. The darn snow plows keep coming through at bad times to plow up a huge mound of white stuff again and again...

I'm tired of shoveling. My back bothered me last night. I had tried to clear off the area in front of the house so they could park there. It just wasn't meant to be after the snow plows left such a huge bunch of snow.

Today is our family get together. It should be interesting and good to see everyone again. I've still got some work to do to get the fruit and veggies ready. I've also got some goat cheese that I thought I'd take along. Then there's some dip for the veggies. Besides that, it's turkey dressing sandwiches, chili, and oyster stew (all Dad and Gloria); cheese and crackers (Gary and Sue); and desserts (Linda). We always have too much food. 'Tis the season I guess.

I volunteered (or is it was coerced - sometimes it's a fine line) into going down to help with getting the turkey dressing, chili, and oyster stew together. Yeah - the thought of driving in this weather isn't really appealing to me but oh well I guess...

Best wishes for a safe, happy, and healthy holiday season!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home