Monday, February 16, 2009

I hope everything is fine there.

The weather has turned to winter again. I guess I knew it wouldn’t last but I was still hoping. I keep wishing spring would come faster (even though that means rain and mud). At least the days are getting longer which is very nice. I suppose then the next thing will be daylight savings time robbing us of the extra morning daylight. Oh well – wonder if I’ll ever be happy with the weather.

I visited Father and Step-Mother Friday morning. I managed to bring them brats (from a specialty farm near Arena), cheese (4 varieties from the cheese store), buns (town bakery), and fruit (strawberries and bananas) so they had a meal. Step-mother’s gift to Dad was Teriyaki steak for Valentines Day. He had me pick up a dozen roses for her (pretty peach colored ones). I think they both enjoyed themselves. Dad has an infection (again) so he’s on extra medicines which seem to make him sleep more often. I guess that’s probably good.

I had lunch that day with an old friend. She’s doing well but had some “man issues” to discuss. There’s no easy answer (and I honestly don’t think she’s looking for any) so I just listened.

Friday afternoon, I visited businesses and the office there to take care of some work things. It was a long day.

Saturday I was in Milwaukee. We had a nice time. Breakfast was at a diner that was both nice and economical (yes cheap would be the correct word!). Then we went to my daughter’s and watched a movie (Shaun the Sheep by the makers of Wallace and Gromit) and played a couple of games. We went to a marketplace in town then that had a lot of unique and interesting things. After that, we ended up doing a bit of grocery shopping at a mall called Bishops Bay (no water in sight!). Then a little shop-looking and by 2PM we were eating lunch at a place called BD Mongolian Café. I’ve never eaten Mongolian food (mostly seemed like Chinese stir frys). From there it was time for the trip back home. A nice day (like always when I get to spend time with family!).

Sunday I went to work in the morning. Then I did some work around the house, paid bills (yucky job but necessary), and a few other things. Nothing exciting let me assure you.

Today – well there’s still lots of options and lots of must-do’s on the list. I’ve already put in some time in the office (we’re officially closed – President’s Day).

Other than that (and I realize that’s not much) well no news from here.

Best wishes and take care!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home