Sunday, June 14, 2009

Four expectant fathers were in the hospital waiting room while their wives were in labor. The nurse arrived and announced to the first man, “Congratulations, you’re the father of twins.”
“Wow!” the man said. “I work for the Minnesota Twins baseball team.”
A little while later, the nurse returned and told the second man, “You sir, are the father of triplets.”
“Amazing! That’s really a coincidence,” he said. “I work for the 3M Corporation.”
An hour later, the nurse came back and announced to the third man that his wife had given birth to quadruplets.
Stunned, he could barely speak. “I don’t believe it. I work for the Four Seasons Hotel.”
The fourth guy, who had looked more and more unhappy with each development, fainted. When finally revived, he shook his head and was heard to whisper…. “I should have never taken that job at 7-Eleven…”.

************************************************************************************

A busy week with lots of catch up time at work that was much needed. There seems to still be a never ending “to do” list. I guess that’s to be expected with market prices down and the general economy. I’ve had the good fortune this week to meet some really promising candidates (good farmers both at production and financial matters it seems). Anyway, I’m hoping. It would be nice to be able to help them if it’s possible.

The weather this week has been warm and bright. At least that was until Friday when it was mostly cloudy and rained in the night. Saturday morning it was still raining (Drat! – I couldn’t hang out my laundry to dry). I guess I should be thankful that my small containers with veggies and stuff didn’t need watering – the rain did the work for me.

My veggies seem to be doing well so far. It’s early but I still find it a bit exciting to see the things growing (all right that sounds a bit sad in print – my life must truly be boring!). Anyway, it’s a nice diversion. Oh – and we seem to be getting about a strawberry a day from the single plant. It’s barely a taste but still it’s fresh and good.

Saturday I spent working around the house after I had was at the office in the morning. Christi arrived later in the day and we started watching some movies while I fixed a teriyaki chicken stir fry for dinner.

Today was the Canoe Festival in Darlington. We went down to visit family and to go to the parade. It was a nice day weather wise and a good turn out for the parade. There were pizzas, cheese curds, and chicken dinner to eat. It was a lot of fun.

This week will be a busy one with work.

I’ll have to see what I can do for Father’s Day Sunday. I’m not sure yet what to do – meal, etc…I guess I’ll have to work on that.

Best wishes and take care!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home