Sunday, July 12, 2009

A man was annoyed when his wife told him that a car had backed into her, damaging a fender, and that she hadn't gotten the license number. "What kind of car was he driving?" the husband asked. "I don't know," she said. "I never can tell one car from another." At that, the man decided the time had come for a learning course, and for the next few days, whenever they were driving, he made her name each car they passed until he was satisfied that she could recognize every make.It worked.
About a week later she bounded in with a pleased expression on her face. "Darling," she said. "I hit a Buick!"

Hi,

I can hardly wait until my garden starts to produce…I did get some lettuce from it but now it seems to be a wait and see. At least with the rains, I haven’t had to water it. I’ve been working on drying some of my basil, parsley, mint, and other herbs. I’m not sure how exactly I’ll use it all but I keep thinking at least it’s a step in the right direction.

More layoffs in the area here…US Cellular and a few other employers have laid off quite a few full-time people. The story in the area is that they’ve hired part-timers because they don’t have to pay benefits and can pay them less per hour. It’s sad…

It is Farmers Appreciation Day here – lots of festivities and a parade today. Last night they set off fireworks – which drove my dog a bit crazy (she’s not a fan of loud or unexpected noises). I have to go set up a booth this morning for work and check on it through the day. This morning, after I do the first set up I’ll head into the office for awhile.

Well, I’d better go and get ready for the day…

Best wishes and take care!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home